Thursday, May 21, 2015

Quilting is my new interest

I have been sewing for a few years now and enjoy it a lot. I have been interested in quilting for a long time but I wasn't confident in myself thinking it was a complicated craft that needed supplies that I didn't have access to in UAE. Then shops like Craftland opened but I still wasn't sure I'd be able to master it. I still thought it was too complicated to piece all those fabric pieces then add the batting and then quilt it. I thought it was touch. Years passed. Then I just sat down, last week, and did it. My first project was a doll quilt for my daughter. It turned out much much better than I had expected.

It has its flows but I was surprised how easy it was. And I can't tell who was happier - me or my daughter. Now I have to do one more for my other daughter.
I wish I'd taken pics on how I did it but I was still in the exploring stage. 

Happy Crafting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment